Posted by Elsol
Naran: What’s your goal?
Arjun: I want to get the promotion, in my current job.
Naran: In spite of trying to get it, you are not getting it.
Arjun: It’s due to procedural delay.
Naran: I have a goal to be promoted. Why I am not getting promoted? List the thoughts that come to your mind. You think there is a procedural delay. Release the thought.
Why do you want promotion? What if there is no promotion?
Arjun: I will get more salary.
Naran: Advantages of getting the job means there will be more salary. Release the desire for more salary.
Why you need more salary? Do you think you have less money?
As long as there is a procedural delay I will not get it. It is your belief. Release the belief. Because of this belief you have stopped trying for your promotion.
Release this resistance. Why there might be resistance? There might be advantages in the present position. List them out.
Arjun: I have to go to a different city. In the current position I don’t need to move out.
Naran: List the disadvantages of getting the promotion. List the advantages of getting the promotion because that stops you from getting it. Release them all.
What will happen if I don’t get the promotion? Why do I need it? Or what will I do if there is a procedural delay until I retire.
Arjun: No chance.
Naran: When you think there is no chance, then that will be your chance. Release the thoughts and emotions you will get, if somebody gets a promotion instead of you.
What will happen if I get the promotion?
Arjun: I will have more fun. I will get another new car. As there will be an increase in salary, I will spend more and so on.
Naran: Release the feelings that you will get if you get the promotion, so that you are even-minded about the promotion. When you are looking forward to your promotion you will have expectations about it. Release those expectations.
Arjun: Are you saying excitement is not good?
Naran: I am not saying whether excitement is good or bad. I am saying release the excitement (happiness, joy). What is excitement? It is a feeling, which is created by the mind. Release it.
It’s like a bowler in cricket match. When he gets his first wicket, he will be joyful and jumping here and there. After that, what happens? He can’t take the rest of the nine wickets and gets disappointed. If gets too excited, he will loose the match. We have all seen those who get over-excited and make critical mistakes due to that.
So, it implies that we need to remain neutral in all situations.
Achieve a litter-free zone inside your mind
Yes, it’s a good state of mind. When we will have a litter-free zone (minds)? You will get that mental state only when you release both happy and unhappy emotions. It will result in a blank state of mind.
There is no word to in the dictionary to describe this state of mind. In that state, you will be happier and more joyful. Unless you experience that state, you can’t understand that as there are no words in the dictionary to describe that state (of mind or no-mind). I use the expressions blank state of mind or litter-free zone.
How to get to that blank state of mind?
Release both sad thoughts and good thoughts. You will get to a state, which is the state of Buddha.
It could be called as bliss as we haven’t experienced it. And people, who have experienced it, can’t explain it. I am taking you to that state. There is proverb in Tamil – the one who has seen it can’t explain and one who can explain it hasn’t seen it (KANDAVAR VINDILAR VINDAVAR KANDILAR).
Re-cap of RULES discussed
- List the reasons you think is the creator of the situation you want to change. Release them one after another
- Release the beliefs about the current situation (the reason behind the existence of the situation)
- Release the internal resistance for not moving to the new situation
- Release the advantages you have in the current situation
- Release the advantages that you are expecting to find in the new situation
- Release the thoughts, feelings and expectations about the benefits you will get in the new situation
- Release the disadvantages you will have in the new situation
- Release the belief that you will get the promotion
- Release the disadvantages if somebody else gets the promotion
- Release both happy and unhappy emotions
Posted in Job related issues
Tags: a, Achieve, Advantages, Arjun, bad, belief, benefits, blank, bliss, bowler, Buddha, car, chance, change, city, created, cricket, critical, current, delay, describe, desire, dictionary, different, disadvantages, disappointed, discussed, due, emotions, even-minded, excitement, existence, expectations, experience, experienced, explain, feelings, find, first, forward, fun, getting, go to, goal, good, happier, happiness, increase, inside, internal, job, Job 101, joy, joyful, KANDAVAR VINDILAR VINDAVAR KANDILAR, less, List, litter-free, looking, loose, make, match, means, mind, mistakes, money, more, move, moving, Naran S Balakumar, need, neutral, new, nine, no-mind, not, out, over-excited, position, present, procedural, promoted, promotion, proverb, Re-cap, reasons, Release, remain, resistance, retire, rule your mind, RULES, sad, salary, seen, situations, spend, state, stopped, stops, Tamil, think, thoughts, trying, understand, unhappy, Want, why, wicket, wickets, word, zone
Posted by Elsol
- WATER VIOLET, LARCH – to have self-confidence
- ELM – to answer any unexpected question; to fill up the requirement for a particular job
- AGRIMONY – mental turbulence repressed behind a cheerful smiling face
- GENTIAN – if you think about previous failure or pessimistic to heal expectation of failure
- WILD ROSE – to feel enthusiastic
After the interview
- HONEY SUCKLE – not to think about what happened in the interview
- ASPEN + GENTIAN + WILD ROSE – if you are expecting a call
For work-related stress
- RESCUE REMEDY – always take it
- OLIVE – physical tiredness due to overwork
- HORNBEAM – morning feeling unmotivated to go to work
- VERVAIN + WHITE CHESTNUT+HORNBEAM – unable to switch off after the office work
Meeting the deadlines
- Always pushed for time , therefore skipping important work – SCLERANTHUS + VERVAIN + IMPATIENS + HORNBEAM + RESCUE REMEDY
- No time for social life – VERVAIN + WILD ROSE
- Everyday given extra work, unable to say “No” , Unable to go home in time – CHICORY + CENTAURY + VERVAIN + WILLOW
- Monday I dread to go to work – HORNBEAM
- Too much interference in my work – CENTAURY + WILLOW + IMPATIENS+ CHERRY PLUM
- My colleagues are slow in completing the work – CHERRY PLUM + IMPATIENS
- Unable to delegate –OAK + WATER VIOLET + HORNBEAM
- Working more willingly but unable to prioritize my work – VERVAIN, SCLERANTHUS
- I find my work too much, I need a holiday – VERVAIN + ROCK WATER
Tags: a, about, After, AGRIMONY, answer, ASPEN, call, CENTAURY, cheerful, CHERRY PLUM, CHICORY, colleagues, completing, deadlines, delegate, dread, due, ELM, enthusiastic, Everyday, expectation, expecting, extra, face, failure, feel, fill, find, For, General, GENTIAN, go, great, happened, have, heal, holiday, HONEY SUCKLE, HORNBEAM, IMPATIENS, important, interference, interview, job, Job 101, LARCH, life, Meeting, mental, Monday, morning, much, Naran S Balakumar, need, No, OAK, off, office, OLIVE, overwork, pessimistic, physical, previous, prioritize, pushed, question, repressed, requirement, RESCUE REMEDY, ROCK WATER, say, SCLERANTHUS, self-confidence, skipping, slow, smiling, social, stress, switch, think, time, tiredness, to, Too, towards, turbulence, unable, unexpected, unmotivated, up, VERVAIN, WATER VIOLET, what, WHITE CHESTNUT, WILD ROSE, willingly, WILLOW, work, work-related, Working